Mother's Day

Sunday May 8 was mother’s day in Ghana. This occasion has become a big part of the Ghanaian culture with lots of people partaking in various events organized for moms.  My siblings and I were blessed to take our mom out for dinner on this day. It was a very special occasion because it was the first time in almost 12 years of celebrating mother’s day, in person, with my mom.


We went to Aboaso, about a 20- minute drive south east of Asenemaso-Kumasi (where my parents live). Located in Aboaso is nice restaurant known as Gisgo. This restaurant is situated on a small lake filled with lots of catfish which has become a very popular attraction. Because of the occasion, we waited for about an hour before getting our ordered meals. Below are a few pictures of our mother’s day celebration. We all had a good time J

my mom (Stella) looking at her mother's day card



My parents (Joseph and Stella Otsin). The restaurant is in the background.



My brother (Dan), parents and I

Francis and Dan. I am taking a nap in the immediate background ;)

I wasn't ready :)




The family. Starting from left back row: Francis and I. 
At the front : My Sister (Esther), Mom, Dan, my dad and brother (Tim)
We left the spot between Francis and I for Josh (currently at Ole miss). He graduates on Saturday May 14

We are thankful to God for his blessings. God bless all mothers for their love and care.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake side Clinic

One week Medical Mission in Ankaase