Education Fund for the Triplets


I have written a few stories about Regina and her triplets. During her 30th week of pregnancy, she delivered these girls at our hospital. Needless to say, they’ve had a miraculous journey. The girls will be 8 months old on the 17th day of this month. 

Due to the financial difficulties being faced by their parents, we decided to create an education fund that will be used to help them once they reach school-age. As we were planning this, I asked my very good friend Morgan, a high school teacher in Kentucky, if she was interested in helping. She answered in the affirmative and came out with a brilliant idea to raise funds. Morgan has been following my mission via this blog and sharing some of my stories with her students. So, when she shared the triplets story, they were eager and excited to help. I asked Morgan to write about her students and the fundraising. Below is her story…..



 It is known that our God works in amazing and mysterious ways. About 8 years ago, I lost all contact with one of my most dear friends from college, Manny. Even though I tried countless times to reconnect with him, I couldn't find him for he does not use any type of social media. Eventually, I came to rest with the fact that he was always going to be my long, lost friend. Then one night, in the most unsuspecting way my phone gave me a notification that Manny wanted to follow me on the popular app, Hangouts. To say the least, I was and am elated at the fact that he and I finally found each other again. The mysterious part was neither one of us had searched for the other on the app, nor had we ever even opened it.
After talking to Manny and hearing about the work he had been doing in his home country of Ghana, I knew I wanted to help. However, I did not know how I could help. I am a mommy of two, a wife, and a teacher at a central Kentucky high school so my day to day life is a little more than busy. After some time, he asked me to spearhead a fundraiser for a set of triplet girls born in the region where he was working. Manny’s plan was to use the money we raised as a starter for an educational fund for the girls. The timing for the fundraiser could not have been more perfect because one of the classes I teach was learning about female education in developing countries. I was able to tie in my fundraiser with my lesson, which is every teacher’s dream. For one month, I sold various items out of my classroom including fruit gummies, a variety of cookies, a variety fruit candy. The students took a real interest in helping Manny and would leave him notes on my board that I would take pictures of and pass on to him. Over the course of a month, my students helped raise $450 US dollars for an education saving account for the triplets.
Just as I had giving up on reconnecting with Manny, God stepped in and brought us back together for the greater good. I have enjoyed hearing about his mission work in Ghana and more importantly sharing his work with my students. Being from a very small town, my students live a sheltered life. By helping Manny raise money for the triplets, my students got to take part in changing the lives of 3 little ladies’ half way across the world. God’s plan may not have been clear at first, however in the end his plan was glorified.      


The sweet table of fundraising...



We are very grateful to Mrs. Morgan and her students for their generosity to the girls. God richly bless her and the students. We will use the money to set up separate accounts for the girls and share the information so those who are interested and able, can contribute to it.  My good friend, Dr. Reginald Nkansah (emergency physician) and family heads will be responsible for the accounts' management. They will ensure that the funds are used appropriately.

Please keep the girls, their parents and family in your prayers because of the challenges ahead. We know that our God is able to do immeasurably more than what we ask or imagine...

Princess


Emmanuella


Regina




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake side Clinic

One week Medical Mission in Ankaase